Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hello. Do you need a husband?

Erin here...

Well, we asked for sun and we finally got it! Its a bit hot in Milano but at least I don't have to take anymore pictures wearing the same red jacket I've been wearing for the last week! :)

Like Shanna said, the overnight train ride was an experience! I had it pictured differently in my head...not quite the luxury car I was thinking of haha. Instead, we had 6 people in a 6x6 cubby but we lucked out and got a nice young couple from...drum roll please.........ILLINOIS! That's right, I met people from a small town just outside Champaign on a train from Paris to Milano...small world. Then we also had an older couple that didn't speak english and they went right to sleep.

We found Natasha's apartment this morning...caught up on some sleep and then went to The Square which is home to the Doumo (it's a big cathedral but I've never heard of it) and a lot of shops. I got 2 pairs of shoes for 30 Euro...not bad. According to Natasha (and our travel books)...there isn't much else to do in Milano so we decided today and tomorrow would be our rest and recharge days.

I hope everyone is doing well at home...I miss you all very much! Give each other hugs and kisses for me. Dad and Juli...tell Hannah that I've seen a castle/palace/chateau in every city we've been to so far and I'll show her pictures when I get home.

I love you all!!!

-Bean xoxoxoxo

3 comments:

  1. Illinois huh!?! It is a small world, but not small enough with my baby girl in Italy and me here. I get it...you are just trying to make Chicago seem like a hop...skip...and a jump compared to this aren't you?? I miss you sooooooooo much!! Rest up for the next leg. Will talk to you soon.

    By the way...what's up with the heading of this post?? You trying to be funny??

    Love you lots!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...yeah what is up with the husband thing? I'm assuming that is an inside joke or is that how all the guys are over there?? :) That is crazy that you met people from Illinois. We seem to meet people from Illinois everywhere... I was just thinking that when you were in London- I should have told you that Myka lives there now. Yeah... lives there... so you could have stayed there. Sounds like you guys are having fun!! I can't wait to see the pics! Reid says hi too! Well... ciao bellas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciao...its Erin...

    When we were in the park yesterday a guy selling bracelets said that to us as we walked by lol. I thought it was funny. Little late on telling me about Myka living in London sis...that would have been fun though, I'm sure she could have shown us around. Oh well, maybe next time. I thought about you when we were at dinner last night and I was ordering food...that great Italian accent you have and the hand gesture that always goes with it! Miss you...love you! Ciao Reid!

    ReplyDelete